Spend Your Summer at UConn!
Our primary goal is to give neurodiverse students opportunities to experience a positive research environment that recognizes and builds on their unique strengths, encourages their persistence in engineering careers, and enhances their participation in engineering research. Students can expect to acquire skills and knowledge to help them enter graduate research programs.
The NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates site in the Civil and Environmental Engineering department at the University of Connecticut (Storrs, CT) offers paid summer research opportunities in the in the fields of artificial intelligence for storm damage prediction, machine learning for damage assessment of bridges, and several other topics. This unique program nurtures the out-of-the-box thinking potential of neurodiverse students (including those with ADHD and/or dyslexia) to advance radical solutions to the problems facing the nation’s aging water, power, or transportation infrastructure. Interested students who identify as neurodiverse, especially underrepresented minorities, veterans, first-generation college students, and students from institutions with limited research opportunities are encouraged to apply.
The REU program is scheduled to be in person, from May 28, 2023 - August 5, 2023. Housing, meals, and a $6,000 stipend is awarded to all selected participants.
Applications Due: 3/1/2023
- 5th National Climate Assessment Released November 17, 2023
- Laying the Foundation for Carbon Dioxide Reduction November 8, 2023
- Thinking Differently: Leveraging Neurodiversity in STEM October 30, 2023
- High-Performance Computing for Manufacturing Simulations October 20, 2023
- UConn’s Growing Research Strength Reflected in HERD Survey Rankings December 6, 2023
- Novel Probiotic Application Method Shows Promise as Egg-cellent Growth Promoter for Chickens December 6, 2023
- Research Offers Insight into How Mercury Enters the Food Web December 5, 2023
- Microalgae for Poultry Nutrition: UConn Researchers Receive NSF Future Manufacturing Grant December 4, 2023
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.